The air mattress I had died, well, the motor did. I went and bought a twin
innerspring which was all I could afford. It was last Saturday and a holiday
weekend meaning very few places were open and my selection was very small. I
got a couple foam toppers, total waste. They don't do anything at all. I have a
small flat pyramid of blankets and pillows placed strategically on the
mattress. After a few minutes I feel as if I'm on cement. It is way too hard to
lay on either hip. My spine is very misaligned and it just gets worse as time
goes on. I had a dream I was being run over on a highway and woke up to find my
pulse was making my low back and left hip hurt in short sharp spikes of pain.
I've been back to using marijuana and tylenol pm's with my hydrocodone to get
to sleep but it rarely lasts 2 hours. Doctors have written prescriptions. A
wound care doctor and my regular doctor but medicare and medicaid are not
responding to the DME or the doctors. I keep
 rearranging pillows because I'm anything but straight and this thing is flat.
Medicare has bought me a mattress once in 32 years and they have never paid for
a bed. I spent about 1.5 hours on hold with a lady that refused to give me her
name earlier today and I was being really nice to her. Needless to say, the
hold finally went off and I was disconnected. My brother in law got an old
waffle type alternating pressure pad working but it died last night and I don't
think it's fixable. It wasn't helping anyway. If anyone has any ideas, I would
try anything.
Thank you for your interest. Everyone that sees it can't believe it.
Thanks for caring,
john