Again, everyone is different so it is a crapshoot.  Some people find relief
with surgery while others do not.  I had success with draining it for the
first two years but even though my shunt did not fail... I began having
other pains in that area and a wider area around my spine.

To be honest... just like Heaven is spinal cord injury... people can try
different things but you will find that it is far from being so simple as
"there has to be something that can be done."  Oh.... how I wish there was!
My life would be 100% better if that miracle cure (along with a cure for
spinal cord injury) can be found with this rare condition.

Even Craig Hospital admits that surgery only has a 50% chance of helping.
Sometimes people find that a certain drug helps them enough to get by while
others, like myself and Corie Jones, cannot find anything that works.

Lori Michaelson
C4/5 complete quad, 28 years post
Tucson, AZ