For those of you who dont know, I had to have my spine fused in several places
last May.  Well it really began hurting last week like something was rubbing.
After the fusion was done, I had to have a screw removed b/c it was too close
to my aeorta so I worried something was shifting and went to my doctor.  My
neurosurgeon is out of town so I went to my pain doc bc he used to be a
neurosurgeon at the University of MD.  We had xrays done and he doesnt see
anything that would require me to have surgery, but I am in unbelievable pain
to the point I can barely move and its in more than one spot.

Has anyone else had any experience with the rods rubbing a bit or a screw?  I
am hoping after taking it easy for awhile the pain will go down but it has been
getting a little bit worse every day and today it's about the same.  It doesnt
hurt as much if I am laying down on my side without moving too suddenly but it
does hurt more to sit up and hurts a lot to adjust myself while laying down the
first time for the day.  I've been staying in bed  a lot hoping I can get the
pain down as pain meds arent helping very much.

 If anyone has any ideas on how to try to get the pain withstandable, I would
apppreciate it.   I have 3 cages and rods from top of tspine. One cage replaces
T 4,5,6,7 and maybe 8; another replaces T 11,12; and another replaces L 4,5,
and maybe 6.  There is about 7 or 8 discs missing in all.  In the lumbar
section there are a couple of sets of rods with rods next to rods.  Lots of
metal!!!  I tried to put a pic in but it couldnt be delivered.

Anyone else have this much metal?

Stacy

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.