Yep, that sounds like the "Mr Boyd" I once knew, lol.  I wish him  nothing
but the best.
Thanks

In a message dated 1/14/2008 12:47:47 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hi Billy and others still on the Quad List,
How very heart-warming to receive your nice letter, and to be reminded of
former times when we on the Quad List used to duke-it-out on a variety of
subjects. Yes, I'm pretty long in-the-tooth, looking to celibration of my
eighty-second birthday next January. Haven't yet been instituionalized, still
living
in my own home, so I suppose things could be worse.

About three years ago, I was diagnosed with a syrinx (syringomyelia) at  the
site of my injury, which impinges on the pre-existing scar-tissue, and is
slowly shutting me down. I say "the slower, the better," but whatever comes
next
may well be the third act of "Boyd's Saga." I wish you well, and am
extremely pleased that you remembered me.
God Bless,
Boyd