From: John S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:05 pm
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] SLEEP

I?have had problems sleeping since 1995.?I had a very serious case of pneumonia
and it damaged my lungs so badly they din't think I'd ever be able to get off
oxygen. Well, I did, but I never sleep more than?2-3 hours at a time and often
it takes 2-3 hours to return to sleep. The past few years I tried using pot and
it would help immensly at first. I've given it up because it no longer has the
effect and all my drunken relatives frown on it. They would use that as an
excuse not to visit me. I can't say they light up my life, but I do get lonely.
It isn't addictive so, it wasn't a problem to stop.

I do take valium, vicodin and oxycodone (not all at once) so you would think
sleep would come easy. It doesn't and I do get depressed watching old movies as
the sleep timer runs down and then listening to the building settle.

I have taken all the over the counter preperations like tylenol pm, even
getting some stuff from tv that uses triptiphan.

My doctor doesn't want to prescribe anything and seems to feel that it may
simply be normal for me to sleep a few hours a day. Once I'm in my chair, I'm
not drowsy or sleepy. The orthopedic appliances in my chair that are?twisting
and forcing me straight would wake up a dead person.

Do many of you get by on 3 to 5 hours sleep a day?

??

I wish all of you the best,

john