I was up late one night and happened to stop the show I was watching on my
DVR just in time to catch an infomercial that was discussing a cure for
insomnia.  I know infomercials are always notorious for hyping things, but
this particular one was selling a book that had common remedies for
problems.  This particular one mentioned just smelling some sort of coffee.
I sure would like to know what type of coffee that is, because it would nice
to be able to sleep when I should be.

I am lucky enough not to suffer from chronic pain like many of you.  Yes I
have pain, but it's obviously not nearly as bad as the majority of people on
this list suffer from.  My heart goes out to you and I am seriously hoping
that my pain doesn't get any worse.  Right now it's really bad during the
winter, but after I get up and get used to being up, it diminishes
significantly.

As for me, when I really need to sleep I take Benadryl.  It usually gives me
about four hours straight and then I'm able to sneak a couple of hours here
and there.  I feel much better when I get about seven hours sleep, but that
rarely happens any longer.  Prior to injury I usually got about five hours,
but I was very active and didn't seem to require the normal eight hours of
sleep.
Quadius