I did see one quadriplegic (C5 incomplete) who was able to learn to walk
with some assistance (one cane) about one year after finishing his initial
rehabilitation.  He, however, backslid later on when he became addicted to
drugs, but there was some potential there.  The overwhelming majority of
people usually don't improve that much after their initial rehabilitation,
but if they continue to work hard they can consistently progress to point
where they might be able to do much more than if they didn't work on it.
Notice all of the conditionals I put into this paragraph.

Basically it doesn't happen that often.
Quadius