My guess is the vote to remove "In God We Trust" from currency was never
falling far to the "Yes, Remove it" side if these polls are "snapshot" of what
MNBC readers are thinking at the time.  This apparently urgent Fwd: has been
going around for more than a week!  (That's not a snapshot... that's a feature
length film!)

It's more likely someone thought they could overwhelmingly show a desire to
"keep God in our Lives" by passing on this message and link to "all Christians
you know" whether they read MSNBC's site or not.  After all, you can't get the
results to see if your opinion is winning (yet) unless you cast a vote first.
Duh?

Perhaps, very early on, one side was slightly ahead and someone wanted to boost
their side.  Most athiests I know could care less about the slogan and where
it's printed and very few religions truly reject the belief of a god (or
several of them).  Unless, maybe those radical Hindus are fighting for "In Gods
We Trust."

Either way, they got over 7,540,000 votes (total).  79-21% in favor of keeping
it.

Best regards, Friends!
--Tod