Canine Companions For Independence is the largest and most recognizable
service dog organization.  They stopped placing children on up to eighteen
years old, with dogs as also higher quadriplegic and CP injuries.  This is
sad, and I think donators should be aware of this.  Granted, I was also very
ill while attending their class but I aced every day.  So it goes.

With a lot of hard work, luck, and a good golden retriever, I was successful
in training my own certified dog.  My ambition out paced my abilities.  As
it turned out, what was in remission did years latter affect my abilities
which now cause me to reevaluate life.  I lack a support group but my dog
has a wonderful situation to always retreat to.

Much is expected from a trained dog, and as I have said, their love is
conditional opposed to a having pet.  This push has been a blessed burden
which has often been all that seemed worth getting out of bed for.  This is
almost a good reason to have a dog by itself.

Merrill

  _____