I had the same choice back in the 80's when baclophen was being touted as the
end all be all of controlling spasms. I was taking about 30-40 mg of valium a
day and pretty addicted. (had been on Valium for 13years). Just to start the
change meant detoxing from one drug to another. I find that detoxing involves
AD, or at least a very good chance of it. I mean the kind where you can't talk
anymore and a 20 hour nap. I gave up after one episode. Going to the ER once is
not my idea of a sucessful attempt.
I had a friend that went for baclophen. He was a C-4 and felt valium was old
fashioned. A year later hes having to take a lot of baclophen to control
spasms. Easy cure, go to Texas and get a baclophen pump installed. 1st one
malfunctioned and couldn't refill after a month.
Rush back to Texas. Second pump surgery screws up and he gets a staph
infection. He died on a plane between Huston and Cincinnati while the pilot was
turning the plane around. In all sincerety, I don't believe most doctors or
nurses have a real understanding of AD
I know that I can pop six to eight Valiums to get AD into control if need be. I
had an anti-seizure drug but it didn't work as well or as fast as simply taking
a blood pressure pill and 2 Valiums. If it doesn't work for you then, by all
means, search for a drug that will work.
What do folks on here take for their AD?
I find that it is easy to tell when I need a valium and it has the side effect
of making me far less suicidal or depressed.

john