I hear about a lot of members fighting MRSA. Saturday, a small scratch on my
wrist became red and remarkably tender. Since I had a Tuesday appointment with
a GP, and a I keep several anti-biotics on hand, including Clindamyacyn (what
are the odds), I began taking it on Sunday. My doctor ordered I up the dosage
on Tuesday when he saw it. Definitely, take probiotics with this stuff.
I'm being braggart here, never start a drug before talking to your doctor. I
did it because we share the same brain. Any anti-biotic is a serious poison and
can cause irreparable damage if used with certain other drugs or with those of
you with bad kidney problems. (if I start loosing urine volume I have to meet a
urologist at an an ER asap)Being a quad means many drugs are getting tested.
I've often wondered what you guys take for bladder and kidney infections. Which
anti-biotics are best tolerated and do the job. Critical side effects and
nuisance side effects? How many of you take prophylactic drugs? Should you be?
A lot of you are very well informed and capable of learning enough drug
chemistry to do some otherwise expensive testing at home.
My wrist hurts like hell especially since I haven't felt it in 33 years.
I read the letter on low blood pressure and I am pretty certain low blood
pressure leads to these exact problems, as well. Healing the most minor of
injuries turns into life threatening problems. I swear it looked like a tiniest
piece of dead skin rubbed off at first. To a staff bacteria, it probably looked
like an Olympic swimming pool.
So, here I am waiting to see if it needs IV anti-botics. The real pisser is
it's my good hand, if you can call it that. Looks like it wants to pop a golf
ball out, The kind they play in the snow with.
I'm probably babbling from an anti-biotic high, but I thought I should mention
how low blood pressure can also make blood clots form as well as weakening our
immune systems. If you get any even super minor skin defects, it isn't asking
too much to put an antiseptic dressing on it.

Have a nice Holiday,
john