Bladder Thumping, must be a guy thang, lol.  I've never known a woman  to
try it.  Rare is thumping advised because it does  not completely empty the
bladder, but does well it voiding a full  bladder.  So you are always voiding
about 80% of your bladder and allowing  the rest of the urine to populate
bacteria.  Urologist like when the  bladder is completely emptied.  I know of
some old men who are walking with  impaired bladders that don't empty with
each void.  They too are prone to  bladder infections and UTIs.
Remember that  at no time should you void more then 800 cc or urine
without stopping for 3-10 minutes, to allow the bladder to contract and prevent
possible stroke.  But John, I'm sure that you heard that too.

In a message dated 4/9/2009 3:27:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time,