From: Greg <g...@eskimo.com>
Subject: RE: [QUAD-L] Dizzy?
To: "'william Ray'" <ray1...@msn.com>
Cc: quad-list@eskimo.com
Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 3:58 PM

I get a little dizzy every day for short bits of time. When I first sit up,
after bm, after eating, after I exert energy, etc. but it goes away after
awhile.. The last 2 days have been real bad for hours.  It happened again today
while out on a walk with my dog. I just pulled up to the side of a corner store
and reclined. I tried sitting up and it would come rushing back. Then I thought
it was better and I’d start going again and Bang, it would hit again. I think I
spent 20 minutes reclined in the parking lot. I’d almost call home, but I’d
start feeling better. I felt good enough to continue, but still felt tired and
light headed. I know my BP is often low, it’s been as low as 75/?, but most
often it’s in the 80s or low 90s. I hate taking meds, but if it would make me
less tired too.

William…
You might try some meds to help too. Do you wear an abdominal binder? I also
wrapped my legs in ace bandages when first sitting up in rehab.
You gotta stay up some. The longer you are in bed, the harder it will be to sit
up.
Does your chair recline?

Grefg

I have experienced dizzy spells every time I've gotten into my chair.  This has
been going on even one rehab 10 years ago.  The doctors in rehab Baylor medical
center, Dallas , knew that I had a problem.  The rehab experience was pretty
much ineffective.  I have spent very little time in my wheelchair as a result
of this dizziness.  I have no solution!  Bill Ray