By stability we mean how well the cushion holds you in place. The Roho is great because when you lean one way or the other the air in the coushion moves in order to prevent more pressure on that area that you are leading to. This works great in preventing pressure sores but if you start to lean one way or the other you just keep going. With a regular foam cushion this doesn't happen. You tend to stay put -- better for stability but not so good in preventing pressure sores. So, for us quads that have difficulty keeping our sitting balance, we have to try to find a way in between firmness and softness.

Dan