I didn't use my chest strap, except in my van, for many years. On one
particular occasion I was daydreaming as I crossed a wooden bridge and then
it donned on me that I was going out into a busy sidewalk. So I sidled over
to the left and accidentally hooked my left rear tire on the corner of the
bridge. Since I was driving a Peachtree, it naturally through me to the left
and I ended up barely off the sidewalk with my face all the way down at my
knees and my rear wheels spinning hopelessly in the air. Thankfully it was a
busy road and some wonderful gentleman who ride around in a golf cart doing
work for the community came by and helped me out. What's truly sad is for 20
minutes cars drove by and did nothing.

Thank goodness my image care at a bar that protected the actuator on the
bottom of the wheelchair. That particular thing hooked a segment of the
sidewalk as I was heading toward the ditch that I ended up dangling over.
Then again there's that time I went off the sidewalk on the side of my
house. I kept thinking I could get back up on the sidewalk in all I
succeeded in doing was sliding further down the incline until I was wedged
up against my neighbors wouldn't fence. Some of my neighbors came by about
20 minutes later and after getting more help from more neighbors, they were
able to pull me out. Thankfully I was in the shade. That would've been a
whole different story if I would've ended up in the sun down here in the
middle of summer. It's 80° today and that's not even bad.

Quadius

PS I live in the Tampa area.