Debbie, I know of Quads of 50 years.  So get your bags packed, you  have a
lot of time ahead of you.
Best Wishes

In a message dated 10/17/2010 2:59:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
debbiewyom...@yahoo.com writes:

Congratulations Joan!  I am 51 years old, and I'm also  a C4.  I am five
years post  accident.  They gave me 10  years give-or-take.  The  quad list
sure has made me think otherwise.  A lot of people have been quads  past 10
years.  I had always  been in good shape, and still feel that I am.  It's a
little scary, I don't  want to out live my husband because then I won't have a
caregiver and  will probably end up in a nursing home.  I think that's my
greatest  fear.  What is your living  situation?

Debbie
C4 incomplete/April  2005

--- On Fri, 10/15/10, Joan Anglin  <poaj...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From:  Joan Anglin <poaj...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [QUAD-L]  Anniversary
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Date: Friday, October 15,  2010, 7:20 PM

Today is a day to  celebrate.  20 years ago at 2:30 PM I fell off of some
scaffolding and fell 10 feet-that was just enough to make me a C4  complete.
 But considering that I was told that I probably  wouldn’t live a normal
life line time wise I have proved them wrong  and plan to do so for the next
10 years at least!  I have had the  joy of seeing four more grandchildren-age
13 on down-and two great  grandchildren.  My health is excellent, I can
still be active and  my favorite line is “I still haven’t figured out what I
want to be  when I grow up”.  So at 71 I look forward to an anticipated
fantastic next 10 years and am looking forward to all the new  inventions that
will help most of us live better lives that I could  have ever dreamed
possible 20 years ago.  Many thanks for this  list, it has enabled me to learn
more about what’s new and  shaking.  Joan