 From: "daa...@aol.com" <daa...@aol.com>
To: steve.olda...@comcast.net; jlu...@eskimo.com; quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Computer Access

Hi Jim at all ,

I have been using Dragon since it came out. I had the first program
that was made for DOS. I have used every version of Dragon that they came out
with. I now am using Dragon naturally speaking professional 10.1 version.

How many of you, are using a new version? What operating system and type of
computer are you using? I'm looking into getting another computer. Have you
experienced a better word recognition with the Dragon naturally speaking in the
newest version of Dragon naturally speaking 11.

Please share with me what kind of computer you are using whether it be
laptop or desktop, the operating system and whether it is a 32 or 64 bit
processor. Do you use

 I use a Plantronics headset that I hang on boom over my head in bed.
I have a Dell desktop, 32-bit computer with a monitor on each side of my bed
that can be moved at adjusted so I can use my computer, whether I am turned to
the right or the left.

 I was using a desktop microphone that I had attached to a standing
long boom that could be adjusted next to my desk in my living room until my
Toshiba laptop stopped working. It is going on four years old. I also had a
desktop Hewlett-Packard in my living room that stopped working that I was using
was the same kind of standing long boom and a desktop microphone.

Do use a PC or an IBM? I recently got a iPhone 4S. I often struggle using,
but I was having trouble using my flip phone also. It was hard to push the
button. I keep hearing that IBM computers are really good, but much more
pricey.
I would really appreciate getting your suggestions for what kind of computer
works best using with your Dragon program. What computer specifications?

Thank you in advance. I always appreciate anyone's suggestions that can
make my life easier.

Dana (C 4-5 complete quadriplegic, 37 years post, 58 years old)
I have
minimal use of arms using a splint with an upside upside down pencil with
rubber
on the end, so I can somewhat use a remote control and keyboard, but not with
reliability when I'm in my chair. I rely on Dragon completely, when I am in
bed.

Hi
Jim,
use Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional ver. 10.1 with the microphone that
came with the software. I have been using voice recognition software since it
became practical to use around 1995, first with DragonDictate which required
discrete speech (pauses in between words), then Dragon NaturallySpeaking which
enabled continuous speech when it came out in the late 90s. It takes time,
patience, and practice to use them efficiently, but I cannot imagine doing
without some form of voice recognition software.
Steve
- C4 (no movement below tops and shoulders), 23 years