From: "daa...@aol.com" <daa...@aol.com>
To: ddh...@sbcglobal.net; quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Mon, August 27, 2012 1:32:54 AM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Re: [quad] list. Being a quad

Hi Danny,
So sorry about your sore. It's such a pain to deal with sores of any kind,
because of the time it takes to heal them.. I just got out the hospital for a
UTI and came home with a sore from someone transferring me for the MRI, CAT
scan
or turning me in bed causing a tear along my right panty line. My caregivers
showed it to the wound care nurse that was changing my arm bandages. The
hospital just happen to call on Thursday and asked me what I thought of my
hospital stay. My caregiver and I let them have it. My nurse told the wound
care
nurse that I was perfect when I came in. The woman was very nice but asked us
not to fill out the questionnaire that the hospital sends in the mail. She
wanted to talk to the nurse manager from that floor. The case manager called on
Friday but I was not up yet. I complained about my bed during my stay and they
said they could not get one any softer. I told them I had a sandbag at KU for
the month I was there, when I returned for part of the week and after my skin
graft surgery as they made me stay overnight.
Now that pressure area has turned into a much bigger area.

This is irritating thing about being a quadriplegic, when things happen that
should not have. I go back to the plastic surgeon to look at my skin graft on
my
heel and my burned hand as a result of a caregiver. Sometimes a number of
things
happen at once. I have faith I will get through this. Just looking forward to
my
next concert on September 5,  Kelly Clarkson and The Fray.

I feel for you dealing with your new wound, A.D. and the pain and discomfort
from your syrinx. I went to a seminar about them and it helped me to understand
them much better.

This list is a wonderful place to discuss our problems, learn from each other
and pray for our friends with quad problems. Thank God for this list!

Dana