I have one which is very similar to this one. I don't know if it's the same
company because I haven't been using it in quite some time. I found it a
little too small for me, but I am around 6'2" tall.
http://www.amazon.com/Activeaid-Tilt-Space-Shower-Commode/dp/B003JO2LA6/ref=sr_1_67?ie=UTF8&qid=1346711731&sr=8-67&keywords=shower+wheelchair+and+commode

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Greg <[email protected]> wrote:

> Although I did not get the tilt feature on the shower/commode wheelchairs
> I have purchased, I have had good luck buying two of them out of pocket,
> one off ebay.com and one on amazon.com
>
> My original shower chair was an old iron-sides E&J that lasted 16 years
> until the seat cushion became treacherous and screws began rusting to
> pieces.  I then bought an Invacare (new) from some fellow in Louisiana who
> sold several different models and gave about $250 for it shipped.  It
> lasted almost 8 years.  When I couldn't find him again I searched Amazon
> and found something I could live with but for more money ($660) from an
> outfit called EVA Medical Group.  This is the second year using it, and
> although it's no where near as sturdy as that first chair, it serves the
> purpose and still looks to be in good shape.
>
> I just searched Amazon again and found a lot more shower/commode chairs to
> choose from than I did just a year ago.  In fact, I found one that looks
> identical to my first E&J though it's not an E&J.  As you might guess, I
> was nervous buying sight unseen like this over the internet, but have done
> okay both times I think.  Anyway, if you go this route be sure you shop
> carefully and don't hesitate to contact the seller with any questions.
>  Here's a link to some of the choices on amazon:
>
> <http://goog_370287219>
>
> http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=shower%20wheelchair%20and%20commode&linkCode=ur2&sprefix=shower%20wh%2Caps%2C267&tag=honeysun-20&url=search-alias%3Daps
>
> Good luck.  I hope you find one you like and can afford.
>
> Best.
>
> Greg  c5
>
>
>
>> > From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
>> > [email protected]
>> > Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:46 PM
>> > To: [email protected]
>> > Subject: [QUAD-L] shower chair
>> >
>> > It's past time for me to get a new shower chair and I wanted to know if
>> you
>> > guys had any recommendations or warnings.  I need something that tilts
>> so I
>> > don't slide out and I'd like to have something that'll fit over a
>> commode.
>> > I have a roll in shower, but I was looking at a tubbuddy with tilt in
>> case I
>> > don't have access to a roll in shower.
>> > My current shower chair's tilt mechanism broke years ago so it's stuck
>> in a
>> > slightly tilted position which works but isn't ideal.  Anyone know of a
>> good
>> > shower chair that meets my criteria(tub capability not
>> > necessary) and has a quality tilt mechanism?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Robbie (inc C2)
>>
>

Reply via email to