I've been battling a persistent pseudomonas bladder infection on and off since
May. This last one has kicked my butt, leaving me weak and tired, and I've
tried two strong antibiotics with no results. Any time I change meds,
especially with antibiotics, I get constipated. The week before last (when I
was on Rocephin) I went 5 days without going and wanted someone to just shoot
me.

Anyway, after I got off that drug the BOP went back to normal, but my UA came
back positive again and I started another antibiotic on Friday. I haven't
pooped since then.

Does anyone else have this problem with antibiotics? Does anyone else have
experience with pseudomonas? It was easier getting rid of the staph infection I
had in March. :( A quad friend recommended finding an infectious disease
doctor.

The other question I had is in regards to IV drugs. I have BAD veins- the last
3 hospital visits the nurses, IV team, flight crew, tried to get an IV and no
one was successful. I had a PICC line early on (the head of radiology had to
put it in...it took him 3 hours) and my doc is thinking about putting either a
PICC or a port in now if I need to switch to an IV med. Opinions? I'm not sure
which would be better/easier to put in.

Thanks,
Mandy, c6-7

I would like to come back as a palo santo tree on the weather side of an
island, so that I could be, myself, a perfect witness, and look, mute, and wave
my arms. -Annie Dillard