 From: greg <g...@eskimo.com>
To: quad-list <quad-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:01 PM
Subject: [QUAD-L] flap surgery

I talked to my doctor about flap surgery. He said my sore would heal faster if
I got it, but I would have to stay in bed 4 to 6 weeks. I am in bed now, but I
get up for a couple hours every day. He said it is the twisting and sliding
that is the worst for your but after surgery. I worry about doing my B –
program, I would have to do it in bed while laying on the wrong side. I don't
know if that really makes that much of a difference. But getting cleaned up and
changing sheets could be a real problem.
But after 4 to 6 weeks I would assume you can't just get up and stay up, you
would have to start out slowly and add time each day or week?
As for the long-term would it be better for my butt to just let it heal or get
the surgery?
I know a lot of people here have had flap surgery, would you recommend it?
I'm in bed most of the time anyway, it's too darn hot here to go outside
anyway. At least for very long. 115° and that's down from a few days ago.
One of my main concerns is what if the outside of the wound heals up good, but
the inside doesn't connect or heal up. It would be like having bad tunneling
going on.
At least just letting it heal you can see it heal from the bottom up. I just
had a checkup and outside the wound got smaller around, but it was just as
deep. Now it is 1.4 cm wide and the tunneling is 1.2 deep. but I don't know if
that 1.2 cm is added on to the depth of the wound, or if that is a total. I'll
have to ask next time.
Greg