 From: "wheelch...@aol.com" <wheelch...@aol.com>
To: bobbiehumphre...@gmail.com; quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] How to advise a negative disabled neighbor?

If the situation is that grave.... I would practice talking to a bare wall
first.  A baby chick must first crack the shell of the egg before they can
breakout and see the world.  Some people just feel comfortable within the
shell of their own eggs.  But then again, there are differences between
neighbors and aids, in relation to taking care of someone's body vs someone's
mind.  Good Luck
Best Wishes

In a message dated 7/11/2013 8:23:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bobbiehumphre...@gmail.com writes:
Hi  All,
>       I have a neighbor, Jill, who lives across
  the hall and is 57. She has a debilitating progressive illness and is in
quite
  a bit of pain. Yesterday I went to visit her and met and aid that she has now
  who is a bundle of sunshine and genuinely kind and considerate. Jill has
  complained about every single aid she has ever had and now she is complaining
  to me about the aid I just met.
>    I'm trying to tell her how to
  be positive to get the positive back to make a bad situation better, but she
  does not see this. Does anybody know of an example or a story I can tell her
  that will wake her up and see that what she has is great And not to take it
  for granted? Jill is constantly looking for the greener side of the grass and
  not seeing how greenIs right now. I tried to tell her that it could be so
very
  much more worse.
>  Jill is so very very close to be entering a nursing
  home for the rest of her life. This afternoon she had a bad bowel accident in
  her bathroom and is just devastated and degradingly embarrassed as we all
  know.
>  I'm thinking that tomorrow would be a better time to talk to
  her. But I'm asking you all if you can tell me any kind of magic story for
  her?
>Bobbie
>

>Sent from my
iPad