Think back to right after your accident; you and your family were in the
hospital, clueless, trying to figure out what was going to happen and how life
was going to be from now on. It was a crazy, scary, emotional time for
everyone: you, your family and your friends.

Imagine if someone were to hand you--or more likely your family--a "Disability
Survival Manual" that was intended to give you some advice from people who had
been there before. What would it include?

My Center for Independent Living (CIL) is currently working on such a manual.
I'm tasked with writing an article on things that FAMILY and FRIENDS should
know. So, I'm reaching out to you, my friends on quadlist, and asking for your
input.

What do you wish someone had told your family and friends right after your
injury?

I APPRECIATE any input you may have.

Don
Tempe, AZ