It will be so weird when my dad passes. I will suddenly be all alone to figure
things out or not, it will be up to me and my ability to adapt and figure
things out. Some things can be overcome, some will require hired help. The
older I get, the harder it will be to make the changes needed . I remember in
99 my mom told me she was divorcing my father and leaving. At that point I was
about a year post injury. I called my dad and told him "mom left and shes not
coming back". Everybody thought I wouldn't be able to take care of myself
because my dad works nights and I would be alone. I was 21 then and wasn't
scared a bit, I looked at that like an opportunity to show people what can be
done. I learned to wear a seatbelt, don't do foolish things you cant get out
of. I was driving my old 84 Ford van everywhere and figuring out one problem at
a time. At 37 yrs old things aren't as easy as they were then. I don't have
tons of friends anymore, a bunch of physical
 ailments have popped up since then, but I have more knowledge at least. We
will see what the future brings. You can only prepare for it so much.

Ron