The wound vac itself looks harmless.  But it can be very complicated  piece
of equipment.  Its technical.  You can't buy a machine, they are  rented
for a specific period of time.  The wound must be sealed with NO  leakage
during the healing process.  There is a vacuum alarm that advises  its user if
the system senses a loss of vacuum.  There is also a battery  alarm for those
who are mobile.
Best Wishes

In a message dated 1/29/2014 12:58:54 A.M. Central Standard Time,