I have this type of lock and my brother made a ‘T” shape out of a wooden dowel
rod (about ½” in diameter). We put a piece of twine on it and attached to my
lever door handle so I can’t drop it………..works perfect

From: Don Price [mailto:donpric...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 1:11 PM
To: c5sc...@gmail.com; quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Remote Control Door Opener

There are also key-less locks that use a number pad to open. These are great if
you're able to push a few buttons to unlock the door (pencil in a cuff? mouth
stick?) The great thing about these locks is you can tell
friends/family/caregivers the code. There's no danger of getting locked out
because you've forgotten your key. If you ever change caregivers you can simply
change the number code on the lock--no worry about collecting keys or having
duplicates made.

Downside to these locks is that they're expensive and pushing the code may be
tricky for some quads.

Don.

On Friday, February 7, 2014 4:46 PM, "c5sc...@gmail.com" <c5sc...@gmail.com>