Dana,
There are several Apps for the Ipad the will allow phone calls over Wifi or
3/4g.
I user TalkTone. Works well but the user must have the App on both sides of the
call.
OoVoo is Googles app. I have no experience with it.

Stylus: microweave tips last me approx. 2 months each. Make sure you are
retracting the tip when not in use. Keep the tip clean, don't scratch your face
with it (eyes, ears, nose and throat, either, lol)

I hold my IPAD while sitting back against my body. My lap board and at the
table work just as well. I am using iOS 7 voice recognition. It works really
well.
IPHONE is tough to hold but the OtterBox helps with grip. The phone is useless
to me sans cover.

Sent from my iPad