I absolutely know for a fact that pain meds love there "strength" over time. I
asked my pain management doctor and he said about this very subject and he said
" ...yes they lose their effectiveness."
I knew it before he told me because my pain was worse it was good at first
maybe a year. I take morphine, it's been almost 4 years now.   Bobbie

Smile Everyday