Most interesting David.  Happy 5th of May.  I hope you are doing  much
better.  Stay Strong.
Best Wishes

In a message dated 5/4/2014 7:28:43 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ismaelcavaz...@gmail.com writes:

When I was born I was completely blind after six surgeries  in my eyes I
was able to see a little bit it is better than nothing I was 11  years old
when I started seeing the doctors consider me legally blind seven  years after
that my accident happened it all happen in 1981 in high school my  senior
year I was in ROTC drill team it was a Saturday in the morning I told  my
mother is she could take me to practice she told me why you don't go with  me
and your little brother to the store ID to get a couple of things I said I
prefer to go to practice so she took me to the school grounds for I could
practice before I got off car she told me again are you sure you don't want to
go I said I prefer to stay to practice 10 minutes after that I started
horsing  around with another kit and we end up playing wrestling at that time I
used to  wait 134 pounds the other kid waited 350 pounds like I said we
started horsing  around for the meantime the other kids got there and also the
instructor he  grabbed me from my back she put his arms around me I slip I
was not able to  put my hands in front of me so my head was first to the floor
and all his  weight of the other kid and up the top of me when I hit the
floor my neck pop  I tried to get up but I was not able I started feeling
weird he told me get up  I told him I can't she thought that I was joking he
saw
that I was sweating  really bad and my face was changing colors he call the
other kids they started  coming towards me everybody was standing around me
I was laying in the floor  one of those kids was my best friend he was the
only one that had a car's he  told me you're not joking I said no I cannot
get up so he got in the car and  went to a small store that is close by the
school ground to use the public  phone call the ambulance she came back and
told me that he already call the  ambulance I told him to tell my mother what
happened but not exactly what  really happened to me the reason I said that
to him was a month back she had  barely per second heart surgery and I
didn't want her to get a heart attack  when she heard the news about me I did
not know that I broke my neck I was  scared from the school ground all the way
to the hospital I was able to brief  on my own when I got there I started
feeling short of breath I don't recall  what happened after that when I open
my eyes I was in ICU connected to a  respirator my mother got to the
hospital and she was very surprise when the  doctors told her what happened to
me
according to her what she told me she  thought that I only broke a arm the
doctors told my mother that I only going  to survive 72 hours after three days
passed by my mother and my older brothers  decided to take me to Houston
for a second opinion I was there for six months  the doctors told my mother
that I needed surgery in my back but the bad use  that 50% that I could dive
in surgery and the good news if you survive with  therapy and 50% that he
only could move his hands so my mother did not want to  risk it after six
months passed by I came back to Brownsville to a nursing  home I was there a
week
I was by myself in the room thinking wondering crying  I heard a noise I
turned my head and I saw a air-conditioned window unit and  suddenly the air
conditioner caught the curtain and the started a fire I was  not able to talk
very well for the reason that I was connected to a respirator  so I started
making a lot of weird noises and whistling like crazy finally  somebody
hurt me one of the workers there came to the room and saw the fire  she started
yelling fire she started also getting me out the room pulling the  bed out
and they took out the rest of the patients out site I was the only one
connected to a respirator so they call an ambulance to send me to the hospital
for the meantime next day they were going to send me back to the nursing
home  they didn't want to take me back they told my mother it was too much
responsibility to have a patient with a respirator I stay couple of days in
the hospital until they find a nursing home nowhere in the Valley wanted to a
set patients with a respirator I continue staying in the hospital until
they  found me a nursing home they did I needed to go outside the Valley and
they  took me to Killeen Texas I was there for two years and a half the name
of the  nursing home was Belhaven nursing home this I was not too happy of
getting out  the Valley I went over there by helicopter by mother and my two
older brothers  they were in court my attorney went to the nursing home to
talk to me and  asked me I'm going to meet you I at court we need to find a
way to get you  back to Brownsville in court I said okay I really didn't care
my only thing  was in my mind that I wanted to die but I wanted to die where
I was born in  Brownsville that was my plan nobody knew what I was thinking
and wanted to do  I was thinking if they take me to Brownsville I will let
myself go and die  nobody knew what I was want to do my attorney told me
also is not going to  cause anything to your parents I'll pay everything
private nurse of  respiratory therapists I'll pay both ways in the helicopter
but
I need to bear  and I said okay I was losing a lot of weight I did not want
to eat and drink  water the only thing I had on my mind like I said I wanted
to die but I said  to myself if I die at least my family would have all
that money if it we  would've one we were going to get 75 million I was losing
so much weight I  used to wait 76 pounds two months from the last time my
attorney talk to me  she was going to arrange everything for me like he said
to get me to  Brownsville in court I said okay a week passed by my attorney
came back to  tell me that he already arranged everything only to wait for
the day to come  so they can take me to Brownsville to be there in court I
started feeling sick  running a temperature my temperature was 113 they took me
to a hospital and  they found that I had pneumonia my attorney went to the
hospital to visit me  he told me not to worry about it just get well I could
arrange everything all  over again I was there in the hospital for 10 days
finally I was back in the  nursing home one month after that my attorney
came back to tell me that he  already arranged everything again I said okay
they going to take you to  Brownsville so you can be there at court that we
came that they they were  going to take me it was Sunday night I started a lot
of chills and I needed to  be in Brownsville Thursday at court afternoon
like I said I had a lot chills I  started feeling bad Monday morning I started
with temperature my temperature  was 100 I said to myself it cannot be
possible what is happening to me Tuesday  afternoon my attorney came to ask me
if
I was ready to go Thursday I said yes  he did not know that I was running a
temperature I feeling bad I really didn't  want to tell him a nurse came to
my room to take my temperature and my  attorney was there and she heard
what the nurse said your temperature is going  up you have 100 right now is 102
after the nurse left my attorney told me I  cannot take you like that I
said I could make it he told me it is too much at  risk I said to him again I
could do it I know so my attorney had an idea and  he told me I could make a
video of you and me asking the questions to you so I  could show it on court
I said I guess it's okay I will not too happy about  that so he did do what
he wanted to do as she told me I got to go so I could  be there Thursday in
court I will let you know how it goes I did not say  anything it was
already Thursday and I still had a temperature from 102 came  down to 101 to
all
that end up that I had a urine infection that they they  were people from the
state I did not know what was the purpose of it of of  they be in there
until one of them came to me and talk to me as she told me I  am from the state
we come and check the residents the other reason we do come  if we have a
complaint of the nursing home she started asking me do they treat  you good I
said yes to you like to food I said not really but it's okay he  asked me
also what was my name I told him he asked me also do you mind me  asking you
a question about your disability I said no go-ahead she asked me  what
happened to you I told him where do you live I told him in Brownsville  what
are
you doing so far from home to your parents live here in town I said  no they
live in Brownsville why they did not put to in a nursing home over  there I
explained him what was my problem I told him there is no nursing home  in
the Valley that was set people connected to a respirator there's no nursing
home are you sure that's what they told my mother he told me what you like
me  to investigate for you I said okay so he did he found a nursing home not
right  away I already was at the nursing home where I was for a year she
came to tell  me there was a nursing home they were going to start accepting
people  connected to a respirator but is going to be in till next year I was
already  two years there Christmas Eve 1981 I came back to Brownsville I used
to wait  at that time 80 pounds when I got here I was very happy I went to
Bally granny  manner nursing home this man passed by in a wheelchair he drop
what he had on  his lapse she picks it up his self he turned his head and
told me high I  answer back he said my name is David what is yours I told him
I work with mail  independent living I said what is that he said let me go
see this girl down  the hall he is one of my consumers and I come back and
talk to you if it's  okay when you I said it's okay so he did he started
explaining me what they'll  does a he told me also you don't have to be here
you
can get your own place  with providers I listen everything what he said
Sounds good but I don't know  if you run to a problem you always could call
advocacy and I said what is that  she started explaining to me what was it out
of that work it took me a while  to decide to get out 1991 my mother died
four years after that I decided to  call David that I needed to talk to him I
ask him if I do get out what do I  have to do and also can I come back to
the same nursing home should yes what  about the they don't want to take me
she said call advocacy talk to one of the  attorneys and they will tell you
what your rights are here is number I was  thinking what to do I was scared
and confused two weeks passed by and I call I  said that I wanted to talk to a
an attorney to ask questions they told me I'm  going to transferred the
call to one of them her name is Rosa Torres she  explained everything how
advocacy works she told me also I could help you get  out I told her I need to
think I will get back to you I did call her not right  away after a couple
years after that so finally I decided to get out I did  2001 I was at Bally
granny manner for 17 years this here in July is going to  be 14 years Rosa
Torres helped me a lot and motivating me of getting out and  that's about it of
my life yes I've been blessed us several ways I strongly  believe in Jesus
sends my accident happened he had been turned me down yet he  had complete
everything to me what I asked until now they only thing that he  had not
complete what I asked is of me walking again but he has his reasons  like
everybody else now click the link so you can read something else
http://openjurist.org/776/f2d/1263/cavazos-cavazos-v-united-states