I truly hope you got your chair fixed.  Was it a circuit breaker... or  a
bad control module?
Best Wishes

In a message dated 10/22/2014 4:06:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
poaj...@sbcglobal.net writes:

The 15th marked 24 years with SCI. It just so happened that  we were out
and about that day and we are having a beautiful Indian summer  with highs in
the sixties and no severe freeze so far.
We finished shopping at Sam’s Club and I decided to just  roll over to the
next place we were going which was only seven or eight blocks  away. My
wheelchair has been behaving itself quite well so I felt confident I  could
beat
the others to the next store. I took off at a good clip (for an  omega
track) and realized when I got there that the store had moved another  eight or
10 blocks away a couple of months ago. No problem, except that the
wheelchair decided to quit right as I was crossing the street. I was able to
flag
down a pedestrian who restarted my chair. A little more cautiously I kept  on
going, stopped again, a couple of people came over to ask if I needed
help-of course I did. Now I am being very cautious as I am realizing it is
quitting when I try to go faster. I’ve already given up on the challenge of
beating everyone else to the next store, just want to get there without
breaking down in the middle of the street again. I finally reach the parking
lot
of the next shopping mall, which is quite empty, and get out to the middle
of the lot. Stopped again, this time there are no pedestrians, so I resign
myself to waiting until somebody misses me and comes to find me, because
they  are in Walmart and the cell phones don’t work to reach them. Suddenly a
car  veers over and a young man gets out. As he is walking over three more
cars  come over and everyone gets out. I guess I was noticed, because they all
want  to know if I’m OK and do I need help. The young man gets to me first,
starts  my chair off, and I thank everyone, and leave for the store. Then I
noticed  that the young man’s car is following me. He escorts me to
Wal-Mart, and then  smiles and says have a great day and drives off.
Moral of the story, move out west to find plenty of good  Samaritans. Have
a great day everyone, I sure did.  Joan