I have been invited to a family event, but the houses not wheelchair
accessible. The person hosting the party has offered to rent or build a
ramp, but I am wondering if it would be simpler and easier and safer to use
a standard nonpowered wheelchair.

There are three or four concrete steps leading up to the front door.

While I was in rehab, I watched them train individuals bring a person in a
wheelchair up a flight of steps by themselves. At this event, there will be
at least a half a dozen man who could lend a hand.

Have you ever used a standard wheelchair to get into a non-accessible house?
My power wheelchair weighs about 600 pounds with me in it, and I just wonder
if it would be easier to simply let relatives push me around for the day.

Thanks so much,

Dave Krehbiel