  From: diannal...@aol.com
  To: quad-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 12:27 PM
  Subject: [QUAD-L] Sitting wrong/Pressure sore

  ~Thought I'd share my story with everyone in hopes of preventing this of
happening to anyone else!! Finally got in my new chair July 1. By August 14th,
I was in the hospital getting surgery on a sore on my butt. I'm home now with a
sore the size of a 50 cent piece and 3/4 of an inch deep. Hooked up to a Wound
vac and hopefully next week, I'll get this pic line out.
  ~The wheelchair rep made countless visits to my home to adjust the back, then
finally changed it to a air back cushion. Worked on programming the controls
that still are 'crazy'. Through the month, Dave said "Your butts hanging out
the back". I thought he meant to say, it was big because that's how it felt to
me reaching back. What he should have said was, "Your cheeks are hanging over
the back of the cushion" ! I was sitting out on my patio & looked in my bay
window to actually look and see from the suns reflection, what my butt looked
like in this chair. This was a Saturday. I was feeling chilled that weekend,
wearing a sweater while it's 80 degrees out. Anyway, I immediately said to
Dave, "My butts hanging over the cushion, my butt looks huge"!  Dave:, "I told
you"  Saturday night, he noticed a pencil size sore on my butt, by `Monday
morning, it broke open a little with bleeding. I had already had an appointment
Monday with my wound doctor for a healing sore on my ankle. She sent me to the
E.R with a letter requesting a plastic surgeon, Dr Raj. I also encountered two
  infections from the wound, one being staff A and another letter to go with
it...couldn't care less at this point. Eight days in the hospital, I just
wanted to go home.
  ~That Monday morning, Dave announced he could fix this, (6 weeks too late)
Moved the plate under the cushion 3 inches, now the cushion is correct and so
is my butt. The wheelchair rep should have checked and caught my seating in
corrections!!
  ~Not finished. I had waited about 2 months for a prior authorization from
Medicaid to get the driving equipment installed on my chair. Three inches now
has my head about an inch from the door post in my car. Driving it now slightly
reclined but it throws everything off, steering wheel, brakes. I had to
resubmit another prior to adjust either EZ-Lock or bolt on my chair from the
adjustment on chair.
  Quantum 6000, I do not like it. The ONLY feature I like about this chair is
recline.
  Dianna
  If you think your butts bigger than you think,  in a new chair....check it out