I've had like 4 different shaped/color pills, all the same medication. Different makers change the look. And they can be slightly different. Many genaric meds never helped me as much as the name brand. But with those changes, I'd take them in to get checked.
If they are time released, a small crack can turn it into a dangerous pill. Get way too much at once.
Greg