I have a Permobil M 300 with the corpus seating. I like the plastic wedges
that you can put on both sides of the lower part of the backrest for better
lumbar support, they don't get in the way that the swing away lateral
supports do.

After a few years, my lower back began to hurt, so I put in the dense foam
inserts for the lumbar region that came with it. The pain went away pretty
quickly, but it has caused a pressure sore.

I'm going to start the process for a new chair this summer. I asked the
wheelchair technician that ordered me the chair about different backrests
that are less likely to cause a pressure sore, he recommended a company
called Comfort Company that has air backrests. They look nice, the only
problem is I would probably have to go back to the swing away lateral
supports.

Looking at the Jay 2, Deep Contour backrests, they look like they wrap
around the lower body pretty well. But nervous about the amount of foam in
the lumbar region. Has anybody tried one of these backrests? Is the
thickness of the foam adequate? Would greatly appreciate any advice.