I take cipro 1-2 times a year as a defense to a uti that presents as at least
some blood in the urine. Once every few years the first round of cipro isn't
enough and it gets stepped up to something stronger. These doctors have been
giving people antibiotics every time they have a discomfort, even if its viral
which anyone with any sense knows a virus has to run its course. The worry is a
super bug will come from to many antibiotics on the average whiner. I
personally don't believe anyone is going to have a problem taking antibiotics
in moderation. Sometimes doctors wont give them even when it makes sense to. In
those cases just go to the ER or the walk in places if its during the week. In
my opinion a quad that cant weigh a doctors advise probally wont live long.
Ron