If you have any, try nearby colleges, universities, training institutes

      From: Lori Michaelson <lorilivin...@gmail.com>
 To: Dave Krehbiel <davekrehb...@earthlink.net>; quad-list
<quad-list@eskimo.com>
 Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 12:45 PM
 Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Who cares for the family caregivers?

If you don't qualify for extra help (a.k.a. Medicaid)... you're going to end up
paying out of pocket. I had the best luck when I was living with my sister and
brother-in-law by word-of-mouth but now, out here, I have a live-in caregiver
(no one else) so she needs help but before my husband passed away we were able
to find girls at a local church and they were less expensive than home health
aides that want to be paid $26/hour to be a glorified babysitter let alone do
anything.
I am on the SCIC caregiver listserv (and have been for many many many years)
and the owner of the list is the mother of a Quad but I believe that she died
and her son (the quad) died before her but I could be wrong. I still get their
monthly list of what to do about this, that and the other thing  so you could
always subscribe to that.s...@yahoogroups.com

Right now I am trying to find help for a few hours a week and I can't even find
that anymore. People want jobs... so where are they? I have been trying for a
long time. My husband and I were so happy that we could find those girls and we
had caregivers every morning (4 visits from a home health agency aide was
great) and we hired the other woman for the other three days. They would screw
up with a lot of things and my husband had to step in to help with a transfer
or whatever but it was better than nothing. We then hired those girls we found
from the church. I am still trying to work through that again but I've been
trying for months.
Now it is hard as hell to find a home health agency since my only insurance is
Medicare. Things were better five years ago but now it seems like you have to
have Medicaid (in whatever state you are in) to qualify for the free help.
Good luck!

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 5:51 AM, Dave Krehbiel <davekrehb...@earthlink.net>