From: Jeffrey Gaede [mailto:jsga...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:26 PM
To: wheelch...@aol.com; g...@eskimo.com; quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Wheelchair Draining Battery

It's just very frustrating because I mentioned while at a seating clinic a week
ago that I needed my anti-tip bars raised and a new gooseneck for my sip and
puff chair. The anti-tip bars were adjusted at the seating clinic. Without even
making an appointment, someone from my chair tech company showed up yesterday
and, while telling me he had the gooseneck listed on his paperwork to be
ordered, he checked the date of the batteries, which seemed to be working fine,
but they know my insurance will pay for new ones, checked my tires, which also
seem fine, but they'll probably order new ones because my insurance will pay,
and I don't know what else he did because I was taking a break from working
just to deal with all this stuff.

I made the ultimate decision, but I was steered away from purchasing my third
Invacare chair in a row. The chair they steered me towards? It turned out to
have a major flaw and, instead of replacing it, I told them I didn't want that
brand. Again, I let them steer me away from Invacare, and now I have a chair
that's had its share of issues, still does, doesn't go as far as it should on a
full charge, which I complained about early on, but they don't look at the
things you are mentioning, Wheelchair. Instead, it's replace batteries, try
different batteries if the replacements don't make a difference, and do
everything – it seems – but what it really takes to make it work properly. The
biggest issue, in my opinion, is they don't "live" in a wheelchair. I realize
they have to make money but this is just kind of messed up… Jeff

  _____