Bet ya dollar to donuts Medicare/Medicaid will pay for the repairs to your
chair, but not thru the provider who is trying to get a new chair.  Call
Medicaid/Medicare and ask for yourself and a referral to a repair provider. 2
 that I know of are Wheelchair & Scooter Repair-Solutions in Maryland
888-584-3095 The other is X-Med in Texas.  These companies can only repair,
and
not sell them.
Hope it works for you as Knowledge is POWER.
Best Wishes

In a message dated 8/8/2017 8:16:11 P.M. Central Daylight Time,