I have a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan with IMS Conversion. I took my van to
United Access OKC (hate it) and waited 2.5 hours to be told what I told them
was wrong with it. My ramp isn't extending out to ground level and it
doesn't pull completely in which sometime prevents the door from closing all
the way. Ramp also wouldn't pull back in unless the flap at the top of ramp
is lifted.  My door also isn't unlatching and someone has to pull the handle
after I push the button to open it. They told me even if they could get
parts it would be $10,000 to $15,000 and that would be a great down payment
on a new van. They waived the diagnostic fee and gave me a card for their
salesman. They didn't even clean or service the ramp.

Purchasing a new van is not an option.

I took my van to a technology school and the kids there cleaned the
components they could reach and eventually got the ramp to extend/retract
like it should. The instructor couldn't get the door latch figured out
before he ran out of time. He fixed it before but we don't remember exactly
what he did to fix it. (He took the panel off the inside of the door and did
something to the part that makes the latch unlatch. Is there an adjustment
that can be made on that part?). The ramp pulls in very slow.

I am open to any suggestions as to what could be wrong/how to fix it.

Thanks

Nicki