Agreed..
Though I've never had a blow out.
A few times the skin wafer part lifted but never leaked out.
I wish I did it day 1.

Greg

On 2/27/2019 11:56 AM, Aaron Mann wrote:
Quad of 29 years, I've had my colostomy for 5 years now. Wish I'd done it sooner.
Upsides:
No hour(s) long bowel program
Simple bag change in minutes anywhere, when needed
No issues getting stool in any skin abrasions on bottom (causes major issues) Greatly reduced chance "accidents" requiring a complete change of clothing and shower
It's reversible if you really don't like the life of having a colostomy

Downsides:
"Farts' are louder because it's out of your belly rather than being "muffled" under your rear Needing to "vent" air from the bag (can be difficult depending on your functional abilities) Dealing with the "colostomy bulge" in between bag replacements ( I wear loose clothing to help hide) "Blowouts" can be messy (I've found the right amount of fiber to add to my diet to keep consistency "just right")

I've got a few tips and tricks to share if you go with the colostomy route.
Aaron Mann