Still here but hanging out with my nails. Stressed, exhausted, and more. I
have always lived with family of some sort until January of 2016 when I
found a wonderful "live-in caregiver" who has been with me since the middle
of January 2016. Either of us could move on it any time and in early
January she told me that she was moving on. Trying to find someone who you
can trust, afford (live-in caregivers are getting $700- $800/day I have
found!!!), etc, etc.

My rent is going up again in May. I have hardly any family left and the
only 3 left are in the Northeast. I moved here so the roads would not tear
up my compromised skin over and over and over again, the warmth, everything
is wheelchair accessible and pet friendly, etc. etc. not to mention that
when I was living there with my sister and brother-in-law before they asked
me to move on (when the new lead nowhere to go) we could not find one
single even remotely wheelchair accessible apartment or home.

I have been advertising everywhere. That's expensive now. Anyway, I have
one prospect that I am meeting again today. The only problem is that she
has 2 dogs (2 Bichons) and I simply can't imagine her taking care of 3 dogs
and me. That would be quite overwhelming especially in an apartment
complex. This place is pet friendly but, who knows, it might work though.

Regarding the Coronavirus... I don't watch the news and I am so tired of
hearing about it. Just use common sense and that's all you can do. Yes,
it's serious while at the same time the stupidity of people could kill us
just as quickly. I am so Hearing about it and talking about this as well
but, regarding stupidity, there is absolutely no reason people should be
hoarding toilet paper!

I am at my limit of being a quadriplegic after being hurt so many times by
medical doctors and/or home health nurses. And now I am pretty much all on
my own. My family was willing to put me in a nursing home that had been
cited twice so I took matters into my own hands but the last 4 years have
been beyond challenging since I got her to the point of needing surgery,
been hospitalized twice when I had not been in the hospital since 1995 and
anything else that could possibly go wrong almost on a daily basis.

Smile!  LOL.

~Lori
40+ years post injury.
Southern Arizona.

--
“Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind
and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer.” ― Dean