Lori and I emailed and talked on the phone. She had written me in June and
I saw the email after I got out of the hospital and then I had to go back
to the hospital for exploratory surgery. I wrote her but didn't hear back
from her. I should've tried calling her, because in her letter she didn't
know where she was going and she was trying to find a home for her
beautiful dog. She had medical issues from the nurse that was improper and
not sterile,sringmylia that cause pain, like Julie said being uprooted from
her sisters home. I don't think they understood or liked her having
caregivers coming in and out of the house. It's what a lot of us face when
we don't have enough care. She receives Social Security from her husband
and her own but it wasn't enough to pay caregivers, her apartment and
living expenses. She wasn't able to get any help from the state. She loved
her scrapbooking and her dog that she walked every day. She had a great
caregiver and after she left she got a new one, but they were leaving. We
were trying to find out everywhere we could post an ad. It is often so
difficult to find specially if you have limited funds. This is what happens
to a lot of quadriplegics and why they get sores and die. I wish they would
do a study on this but with the current administration, I don't think they
would do anything to help situations like this. I don't know what kind of
care is available in the state of Arizona. I don't know if there's anybody
else on the quad list that lives in Arizona She had a wonderful niece that
would spend time with her, but she lived out-of-state, maybe Texas. I'd
have to look up in my old letters about specifics. I loved her and enjoyed
talking on the phone and emailing her. I will truly miss her. I lived in a
nursing home for three years and it is a long story. All home facilities
don't know how to take care of quadriplegics and don't have the staff. It's
like a death sentence to go to a nursing home after living independently
all your life and having a dog that you dearly loved. I pray that she died
in her sleep and didn't have to suffer. I don't know that we will find out
what the cause of death was. We have lost quite a few persons that I miss.
it seems. I'm not familiar with you Julie. I'm on Facebook. I've always
enjoyed the quad list and learning about other persons facing the same
problems and learning from them. Dana, 47 years post, C4-5, tracheostomy,
ileoconduit. Those of the hospital for 10 days for two kidney infections,
sepsis and ammonia in June. Several weeks after that I had exploratory
surgery to find the kidney stones. My urologist couldn't find kidney
stones. . I have tubes hooked up to my kidneys that are turned off right
now. My kidneys were not draining properly. Has anyone else ever had this
problem. I'm assuming I will have to go back to the kidney doctor. My
urologist could only use the camera in the ileoconduit and ureters not the
kidneys. Three weeks ago I ran out of the suction catheters. The company
they switched me to would not answer the phone. Thanks to Jim Lubin, he
gave me the name of the company he uses, and I hope they will be shipping
to me soon, before I run out of the ones I had to buy privately. I
contacted for five different companies and none of them answered me. I
don't have very many left.

We can write on Lori's Facebook page. Lori will be missed, she was such a
good communicator about her life. Let's make a list of those we have lost
on the quad list. We can remember them again.