At 04:33 PM 5/16/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>At 16:09 -0400 on 16/05/02, Scott Holder wrote:
>
> >cards or a G3 upgrade. My mostly naked 6500 board works, though I once
> >disassembled the case to stick a PCI video card vertically to flash the ROM
> >to Mac and it still worked fine.
>
>Wait a sec.  You wanna clarify that a bit? :)
>
>the pickle

I have a Matrox Millennium that I wanted to flash to Mac. My 6500 case is
at my parents' house, I only had the P640 and the 6500 logic board. So, I
disassembled the P640 case, and stuck the 6500 board in there with the top
off the P640 so I could access the slot where the riser card usually goes.
Rather than mess with the riser, I just stuck the card vertically in the
slot so it was sticking out of the top of the case, booted it up, and it
flashed the card fine. Pulled everything out, reassembled the case, stuck
the Millennium in my Starmax, and everything was good to go :)

Scott Holder