At 9:12 PM +0200 7/29/02, J.M.P.Hissel wrote:
>On 2002/07/29 20:31, Clark Martin, [EMAIL PROTECTED], wrote:
>

>>  The Q800 and WGS 80 do not NEED 60nS RAM.
>
>Clark,
>
>That means: You will say that, among other sources, everymac.com , Apple
>Specs and all the official manuals are talking b...s... ????
>Can you tell me why they all say: 60ns for Q800, Q840AV and WGS 80 ?
>
>BTW: All my 4 Q800's are getting very instable using any RAM-stick slower
><60ns. This happens with ALL RAM-comb., using 1, more or all sticks <60ns .
>Don't tell me I'm the lucky owner of 4 exceptional Q800's!
>{However I must say I sometimes meet Macs (made for the non-US-market) with
>diff. specs, but concerning this?)
>
>AAA: I'm very curious about your point of view.

Look at the Quadra 650 in those specs, it is the same MB as the Q800
and WGS80 but has 80nS RAM specified.  I've used 70nS in several Q800
and a WGS 80 with no problem.  In fact I had put 60nS in them at
first because of the incorrect info out there.  But it wasn't
necessary.

Apple Spec and other sources are known for having errors.  Apple
rarely corrects errors of this sort, especially once the model is out
of production.  I suspect that Apple either made an error in the
original spec for the Q800 & WGS80 or was being conservative and spec
them the same as the Q840AV.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA