If I might pipe in with an opinion, please allow me to submit the
following. When burning CDs with a Q950, if the burner software allows
for slowing down recording speed, then by all means, do it! Burn at the
lowest speed possible, and of course, with no other applications running
in the background. I've made a wheel barrow full of high-tech coasters
by trying to burn at 16x and even 8x. 4x should be about right.

As a matter of fact, it's not really a bad idea to just restart the
computer before you burn any CDs at all. That way you know your RAM is
clean and unfragmented. This is just my two cents' worth, but its also
been a sad, repeated experience as well.

Allen
-----