>Hi Everyone,
>
>I used to use "Find Pro II" a while back and enjoyed
>it; later I switched to version III and absolutely
>loved it!
>
>Over the years, I have lost floppies (moves, etc.) and
>recently I got all my 3.25" disks together and
>searched for it, but no luck ... (I know I have to get
>my sw backed up into cd's or zip drives, but I need
>some vacation time for that, now that I just bought
>another zip drive)
>
>I want to "replace" my old copy of Find Pro III, any
>suggestions? I'm open to even alternatives (don't get
>me wrong, I do like the 7.5 find command, but I'm
>currently on 7.1).
>
>Thanks in advance!!
>Craig

I'm curious about the Zip drive.

I have a Performa 575. Micro Center was having a clearance sale. One of the
items was a SCSI Zip 250. I was interested until I read on the box it was
for OS 8.6. I was pretty sure that the could work, but that requirement
scared me off.

There was nothing on Iomega's web site that would tell me either way. But I
did download the Zip drivers from Iomega and found that most of the
software was for PPC. (Since I didn't have a Zip drive, I didn't expect to
do anything with the software, I just wanted to see if it would start.)

Then I downloaded an older set from elsewhere. That loaded ok, but it was
explicitly for Zip 100.

Meanwhile, Micro Center sold the 250 and I ended up buying a Zip 100. It
works great. It came with it's own driver and software (even older than
what I downloaded),

So at this point I seem to be using the driver I got from Iomega, and a mix
of the software that came with the drive and what I downloaded. I haven't
had any problems, but what I would really like to know is could I have used
the Zip 250?

jim