>>>Even if you did manage to hack 8.5 to somehow run on it,
>>>Word98 and NS 4.76 won't run.
>>
>>Say what?  Suddenly 8.6 is not able to emulate 68000 code?
>
>No it's simply a case of a 680x0 processor not being able to run PPC code.

Yeah, we know that but the hypothesis was "if you managed to get 8.5
to run on an 840AV" and the conclusion was "MSWord98 and NS4.76
wouldn't run."

If it was possible to run 8.5 (which we know it isn't), that would
imply that somehow the 68040 was running PPC code (which it can't)
therefore it should have no problem with Word or NS (which is would).
:-)