[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The keyboards I used are the old school extended keyboards with the wire
> physically attached (not removable). I pulled the whole mouse and keyboard
> off another computer that ran fine so that I could see if it was just a
> keyboard problem. I'm really hoping that the problem isn't a toasted mobo
> since that means 2 that need to be replaced. Any idea where this resistor is
> located on the 950? I'd be willing to probe around the mobo with an ohm meter
> if that's what it took. But even if I could find the problematic resistor,
> how do I go about finding a replacement (if it's one of those itty bitty
> ones)? And resistors, when they normally go, they give off a rather foul
> odder. I didn't get any smell or smoke.

The resistor in question is extreeeeeemely tiny. I doubt you could find
probes for your multimeter small enough, let alone install a
replacement. I'm not sure about where the ADB circuitry is located
physically on your mobo, but on my 7200s, 7300, 7500 and 7600 all have
them located right next to the ADB connector, so I'd guess it's a safe
bet to assume that it'd be just as close on your Quads.

When I say these resistors are small, it's dang-near impossible to read
the color coding on them even under fairly serious magnification. Given
their small size, I doubt they'd give off any discernable odor if they
burned out.

Allen
-----