Like pickle said in his reply, this will only work if the board has not been
over clocked yet.

Pop the top of the case off and there will be a chip about 1.5" square with
lettering on one edge.  There will be two numbers after "RC" which will be
the speed of the chip, IE: XC68LC040RC33B.  The "LC" means it does not have
the math co-processor on the chip and the "040" means it is a "68040" chip
versus say a "68030" chip. I'm not sure what the "XC" or "B" means yet,
still learning.

I have swapped out chips between my Centris 610 and the Performa 577 I have.
  The 610 had a "20" chip and the 577 had a "33" chip.  To get the CPU chip
out of the socket takes a small screwdriver and PATIENCE!  Work the
screwdriver between the bottom edge of the chip and the socket and turn
slowly. This will lift the CPU chip slightly up from the socket. Go to the
next edge and repeat.

The reason you do it around all the edges a little at a time is to keep the
pins from getting bent.  At this point you should be able to lift the chip
out of the socket and the pins should still be straight.  If the pins get
bent, use a small needle nose pliers to straighten them out.

John