On 19-01-2003 1:33, Robert Gray, [EMAIL PROTECTED], wrote:

>> You cannot copy hardware (cars, computers etc.)
>> like you can copy software.
>
> Maybe you weren't around during the days of Mac and IBM clones.

59 yrs. old enough?? My experience with computers started in July 1963 (so
nearly 40 yrs. ago! How old are you?).

> Luxury vehicles might provide sufficient profit margin for cloning

OK. Your choise: Cars. Will tell you something:
1) I'm a highschool-graduated mechanical engineer, dir. carbuilding,
special. engine- and chassisconstruction.
2) So believe me, you are really comparing now, let's say icebears and
guppies. And please, believe me again, even copying a Trabant will cost more
then several originals together! Not to speak about a 507 f.e.

> were it not for copyright/patent laws.

Please re-read and try to understand I wrote under 2) in my last message!

>> Selling software is a different piece of cake. But selling
>> the original (no copies!) software, complete as you
>> purchased, without keeping/using a copy is quite legal.
>
> So is selling your used Valient.  ;-)

Please explain. Cannot find it in my Oxford- and/or Webstersdict. Eng/Dutch.

And please: Further conversation concerning this OffList.
At all events, this is my last reaction concerning this OnList.

All the best and keep smiling,

Jo